Author: Paula Morris
Genre: Mystery, Historical/Fantasy Fiction

Monday, November 14, 2011

Reading Strategies I Used

Example 1:

     There is this one connections I was thinking of throughout the whole book. The majority of the time in ghost stories, the ghost is very evil, and wherever it haunts, is a scary place. If ghosts are usually evil, is the ghost (Lisette) in my story, going to be bad? Especially if there is a curse involved, the ghost must be mean right? Because of that connection to ghost stories, I kept inferring that Lisette would do something bad.

Example 2:

  I definitely used question making, because of the Authors Writing Style. You never know what's going to happen, and Paula Morris really made me keep turning pages to see what would happen. One section in the novel the questions were just flying through my mind it was when Rebecca found out she could die in a few months, because of Lisette, and the next day she was going to go find Lisette and talk to her. One questions I had were why would Rebecca even want to see the possibly-ghost-who-was-going-to-murder-her-in-a-few-months ghost?? If I was her, I would try to stay as disconnected as I could to Lisette, although Rebecca isn't afraid of much.

Example 3:

There was one part I visualized more than anything. It was when Rebecca went for a walk with Lisette, to Lisette's old house, and they saw a bunch of other ghosts. I pictured in my head what each individual ghost that they met might look like. For example, they were describing a lady that died in 1829 who was murdered. I imagined her in a dress with blood stains and more. Let's just say it's not a very pretty picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment